WINCHESTER, VA ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY
Assisted Living Facility in Winchester, VA
Having a quality assisted living facility that you can trust is important.
Our Winchester team believes in the importance of making every moment count and creating positive experiences for our residents through the attentive care of our staff. Green Valley Commons is committed to the highest quality care and service when you entrust us with the care of your loved one!
Assisted Living Services
The services we provide at Green Valley Commons can be divided into five main categories:
- Medication Management: Though we are not a medically licensed facility, we do have trained and certified staff that help with the distribution, oversight, and management of medications that our residents need.
- Personal Care: Our staff is ready to help with varying degrees of personal care to ensure residents are both comfortable and clean.
- Activities: We offer engaging social activities, clubs, and events to foster a healthy community and stimulate physical and mental activity.
- Housekeeping & Laundry: We provide both housekeeping and laundry services at no additional cost to you or our residents.
- Dining: Diet and nutrition are important for our dining services, which includes different home-cooked food choices and alternative options. Our Winchester location also boasts a beautiful, restaurant-like dining facility.
SEE MORE OF OUR FACILITY
Assisted Living FAQ
What is assisted living?
Assisted living is a combination of personal care and other services that help residents with their tasks of daily living, such as medication management and cleaning services. Such facilities also offer social activities and support resident engagement and communal life.
Assisted Living vs. Retirement Home
Assisted living facilities provide more personal care and medical management than and retirement home would. However, like many retirement communities, assisted living facilities provide social activities, events, clubs, and more to engage residents and foster healthy communal life.
Assisted Living vs. Nursing Home
Assisted living facilities are different from nursing homes since they are usually not medically licensed nor equipped to deal with more advanced medical conditions and intensive personal care needs like a nursing home would. A person will often transition from an assisted living facility to a nursing home over time due to a need for more care and medical attention.
What services do assisted living facilities offer?
Like Green Valley Commons, most assisted living facilities offer some variety of dining services, cleaning services, personal care assistance, social activities, and medication oversight and management.
Yes. Aside from your typical senior care assisted living facilities, there are different kinds of assisted living facilities as well that cater to specific demographics or needs. These include things like assisted living facilities for non-seniors, assisted living for disabilities, and assisted living for military veterans.
How much do assisted living facilities cost?
The cost of assisted living in the U.S. varied depending on factors like location and what services and accommodation the facility offers. According to 2016 data, the national average for annual assisted living costs was $43,000. Click here to learn more about the cost of assisted living facilities in the U.S.
Are assisted living costs covered by my health insurance?
Average health insurance and Medicare plans do not cover assisted living since assisted living facilities are not medically facilities. There are some coverage options when it comes to Medicaid packages, especially for Veterans, that may cover assisted living depending on your qualifications and your state.
How do I find a good assisted living facility near me?
To find an assisted living facility near you, visit our resources for finding assisted living to search and learn more. Also check out these tips for choosing an assisted living facility to know what to look for when picking a facility for your loved one.